[PD] rfid and puredata

*~ chun at goto10.org
Wed Nov 29 04:11:24 CET 2006

hi yuk:

a friend of mine and i experimented a bit with rfid + pd setup. and it worked very well. i mean, we were
given a rfid reader and it was quite easy to set up so that the reader + linux + pd/[comport] works
together.

in terms of what we made, we were asked to give a workshop on how pd can work with rfid and so on. so we
produced a few patches as proofs/exercises/examples. if i remember correctly, we made a patch that stores
all the cards been read and the patch is able to tell how many times a cards has been read previous. kind
of a simple database thing and we implemented OSC in these patches too. anyways, patches are here:

http://sonicvariable.goto10.org/downloads/rfid.tar.gz

i hope they still works.

anyhow, if you find this helpful and would like to know more about what we did. i would be happy to provide
more detail.

cheers

chun