[PD] reverse & variable speed soundplayback?

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Wed Nov 29 16:15:37 CET 2006

On 29/11/2006, at 12.49, Max Neupert wrote:

> - can i avoid the [ftos] object? some people seem to have trouble
> to find it and i don't know which library it belongs to either.
> (opens no helpfile here)

I just asked Miss Marble. It seams to be due to Dieter Kovacic, and
lives in externals/ext13/. It seam to have no help file, she couldn't
located it, that is.

> - for a GOP version the send and receives should be local.

(I don't know what GOP really is, but apart from that) I think that
would be a good idea: When checking out your patch to figure out if
it really was the In slider that needed to be moved or not, you send
a new version of it. It so happened that i had the two versions
opened simultaneously, which meant that when i moved a slider in the
one patch it influenced the slider of the same name in the other
patch. Apropos, when is non local variables a really good idea?

> so i just add "$0-" before?

Im quite new to actually patch anything in Pd, so i can't give an
confident answer. - But i think, yes, adding $0 will do the trick. I
also thing using $42 as a prefix will do the trick, since i'm not
sure if the numbers 0 and 1 have special status in the variable "show".

PS. The looks are really slick in my opinion.