[PD] GRiPD and shell don't play well together

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 30 00:11:16 CET 2006

alberto.zin at poste.it a écrit :
> The GUI itself was not hungry in terms of cpu load
> (the 46% you can see in the screenshot
> is just the 128 bp filters in parallel in the patch ;-)

puredata.info is too busy and doesn't respond, could you put your
screenshot anywhere else?
> I like toxy, but we should admit that TclTk is not the
> optimum; GriPd, imo, is a bit superior and
> more similar to a "professional" user interface
> (let me say like VST instruments or even Reaktor widgets)
What makes you think that GRIPD is that good?
It's very limited, the (ugly) widgets provided can't be hacked to get a
better looking,
and I severly doubt that it's possible to make something as neat as the
most basic tcl-tk widget, let's say ix:: dd for example.
No, I do not admit that GRIPD is superior, I think it's inferior, pd GOP
can be dynamic, GRIPD couldn't.

> Of course we have examples of wonderful interfaces in
> plain PD (using Graph on Parent, ... ), don't you think?

Using graph-of-parent is less complicated and more efficient.
With adding toxy/widget, a pd interface could even blow a professional
user interface, but it requires some skills in tcl scripting, or just
*sarcastic mode*
 brain cells for figuring out how to use tcl-tk widgets for using the
work made by ix and MiXed.
*end of sarcastic mode*,
salutations,
Patco.