[PD] multi i/o soundcard question again

Martin Eckart imartron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 19:39:46 CET 2006

My original email doesn't seem to have gone through the list so I'm
trying this again... sorry if it doubles up.

I'm also looking for a similar card although I'm not particularly tied
to Firewire.

I've been considering the Edirol FA-101 or UA-101 (usb2) since I can get
either for about $400 and the FA-101 seems to be supported by freebob.
Does anyone have experience with these?  Is there a holy grail external
card for linux audio that i may find?
My goal is to have at least 4ins/4outs (preferably more, and with
preamps/xlr jacks) in an portable card.  I'd also like to power it
through the bus but alas my firewire port is 4-pin and the UA-101 for
some reason does not allow bus power which is pretty much the only
reason I didn't buy it yet.

Latency is also a key issue as it will be used in live performance
settings.

Thanks for any input,

-martin