[PD] Setting latency or "buffer size" in Gem

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Dec 2 13:21:13 CET 2006

Hallo,
Max Neupert hat gesagt: // Max Neupert wrote:

> a workaround i mostly use to avoid this trouble is to run two
> instances of pd, one for the sound and the other one for gem (with
> dsp 0). then comunicate between them via netsend or OSC. this is
> working very well.

I should have mentioned: This is no alternative for me, as I generate
a lot of data that is shared between the audio and the graphics part
and cannot be sent over the net effectively. Also I don't see how it
could solve the problem of two different latencies, if the audio-Pd's
latency is set high while the Gem-Pd's graphical latency is still the
standard one.

Ciao