[PD] space efficiency

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 2 17:17:51 CET 2006

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, padawan12 wrote:

> In a nutshell, is Pd reenterant?

> In using an abstraction, is the code loaded only once and used in all
> instances? Or, in other words, is it more space efficient to use
> abstractions?

No, it's more space-efficient to use abstractions, it's just
brain-efficient (which is often more important).

But this has nothing to do with the thing that I know as reentrancy, which
in pd terms, would be about whether you can send to the hot inlet from a
chain of actions that eventually came from the same object, and still keep
the documented behaviour; it's about whether you can make recursion of
control-flow.