[PD] passing multiple arugments to new_ routine

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 3 20:10:51 CET 2006

Hallo,
Charles Henry hat gesagt: // Charles Henry wrote:

> I can't remember how to pass multiple arguments to an external.  I
> need to pass any number of float arguments.  I think it goes something
> like
> void external_tilde_new(float *f_args, float num_args)
>
> I've been searching thru the cvs repo to see if I can find an example,
> but I haven't found one yet.  Any suggestions?

One suggestion first: These kinds of question (basically everything
with C-code in it) are much more on-topic on the pd-dev list, and not
so much on this list here.

To answer your question: You may want to search differently. Just try
to think of one of the objects which accept more than one argument.
[route] or [pack] or [dac~] come to my mind. route's code is in Pd in
x_connective.c

E.g. route is created with:

static void *route_new(t_symbol *s, int argc, t_atom *argv)

Ciao