[PD] Send array values through OSC

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 13:44:50 CET 2006

I've only played with OSC a little, but some things that come to mind:

1) OSC lets you pack things into "bundles" and it might be better to
use blocks of 32 or 64 values rather than sending each one individually.
That way your packet overhead is smaller.

2) Beware of what happens to floats, I seemed to get some truncation
but the spec lists them as IEEE32s, check on what you are
getting at the receiving end.

3) It's a UDP protocol so bear in mind that over a wide area link
you can't be sure of the delivery order (or of delivery at all).

see

http://opensoundcontrol.org/spec-1_0