[PD] Gem: can't load library

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Dec 4 12:38:05 CET 2006

Am 04.12.2006 um 03:57 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
> On Dec 2, 2006, at 12:30 PM, marius schebella wrote:
>> Johannes Krause wrote:
>>
>>> /usr/local/pd/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux
>>> : undefined symbol: glDeleteProgramsNV
>>> Gem: can't load library
>>
>> I got the same error yesterday (undefined symbol:
>> glDeleteProgramsNV) with an ATI Radeon X300 graphic card. I don't
>> know if that error can be fixed so easily. maybe when you compile
>> Gem with special flags.
>> If I find a solution, I will post it.
>>
>> maybe for the moment you may want the method I posted earlier (use
>> synaptic and the debian packages) that should work.
>>
>> BUT: synaptic/Debian installs the binaries to other folders, so if
>> you used the pd extended installer you should uninstall it (I
>> think it's enough to go to the unzipped folder and type make
>> uninstall  (see readme.txt for details) and then chose "pd" and
>> "pd-gem" from the synaptic installation tool (and maybe some
>> others...
>>
>> unfortunately also the debian packages have some bugs (like the
>> examples and data folders are messed up).
>>
>> Maybe the solution would be some debian packages from the
>> autobuild farm.
>
> Yes, debian packages!

so what you suggest for a successfull pd installation on a ubuntu
machine is to download this:
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/pd-2006-12-04-linux-
debian-stable-i386-i686.tar.bz2

and then run

tar xjf pd-2006-12-04-linux-debian-stable-i386-i686.tar.bz2
cd pd-2006-12-04-linux-debian-stable-i386-i686
make install prefix=/usr/local

and then it should run with Gem like
./pd -lib Gem

?