[PD] Gem: can't load library

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Dec 4 14:06:21 CET 2006

Am 04.12.2006 um 14:42 schrieb IOhannes m zmoelnig:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>>> so what you suggest for a successfull pd installation on a ubuntu
>>> machine is to download this:
>>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/pd-2006-12-04-
>>> linux-debian-stable-i386-i686.tar.bz2
>
> reading your email again, i understand it better: the suggestion is
> not
> to install the files tagged with "debian" on an ubuntu system but
> to use
> a special packaging format, which by chance is used by both debian
> (thats why it is called "debian-package" or ".deb") and ubuntu
> (which is
> really just a polished up debian clone).
>
> building debian packages on the autobuild farm would eventually result
> in having different packages for debian-stable, debian-testing,
> ubuntu-hoary. (because of the very problem of dependencies)
>
> i hope i could make this somewhat clearer.

thanks IOhannes,

well, honestly i am new to linux and don't even have it on my own
machine (osx) but i am working on a joint pd project with Johannes K.
so.. to give you the complete picture: i actually deleted his windows
partition in an accident while trying to make it dual boot. so he is
stuck now with ubuntu and i am gone to bulgaria. but thanks god he is
very brave and wants to stick with it. actually i think he is
enjoying it so far. we just need to figure out now how to make the pd
externals running on his thinkpad. :)

max