[PD] Gem: can't load library

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 4 21:00:35 CET 2006

hi marius

On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 11:30 -0500, marius schebella wrote:
> hi,
> may I join you in that discussion?
> I understand now that the Gem package in the pd-extended is built for
> nvidia support and does not run without a nvidia card. correct?
> But what I want to know is, (I don't know so much about configure
> scripting..) when I build my own Gem and have NO nvidia card, will I
> have to type --disable-NV? that would not make sense to me...
> I would like to compile my Gem later today. so thnx for answers.
> marius.

i might be wrong, but as far as i understand the idea of a configure
script, it is here, to check if all libraries are installed, that are
needed to run the binary, that you are going to compile, also where they
are, and also if some optional libraries are there, which may improve
the functionality of your binary to compile. if a certain optional
funcionality is non-existent on your computer (e.g. nvidia
extension), ./configure should automatically disable it, when generating
the makefile. if the configure doesn't print errors, you can expect,
that the binary you are going to compile will work (at least on your
system).

in your case, when you execute ./configure, it should print something
like:

    using NV-extensions  : no

that means, you don't need to add the flag '--disable-NV' to configure.

i hope i could help

roman