[PD] Gem: can't load library

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 4 21:12:06 CET 2006

Quoting marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com>:

> hi,
> may I join you in that discussion?
> I understand now that the Gem package in the pd-extended is built for
> nvidia support and does not run without a nvidia card. correct?
> But what I want to know is, (I don't know so much about configure
> scripting..) when I build my own Gem and have NO nvidia card, will I
> have to type --disable-NV? that would not make sense to me...

configure should detect whether your system supports
glDeleteProgramsNV() (note: this does not necessarily mean that you
need to have an nvidia card; but since the extension is proposed by
nvidia, chances are higher that their cards&drivers support it).
if it does then Gem will be built with it.
if it doesn't then Gem will be build without it.

> I would like to compile my Gem later today. so thnx for answers.

on recent machines, Gem builds quite fast; so you could try both.
that is: if configure fails to detect your system's possibilities; in
this case, i would be very interested in your setup.

mfg.ar
IOhannes