[PD] Gem: can't load library

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 4 22:32:37 CET 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 3:17 PM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>

>> The autobuild machines most definitely do not have nvidia cards:
>>
>> root at debian-stable-i386:~ > lspci
>> 0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D
>> Rage  Pro AGP 1X/2X (rev 5c)
>>
>> So these builds do not run on the machine they were built on.
>

> have you tried or are your remarks based on my statements about
> needing nvidia?
> my nvidia card's here support some SGI extensions, and i am pretty
> sure that i don't run irix.
>
> i haven't heard of someone having problems with NV/ARB extensions
> on their self-built Gem for quite a long time.
>
> so please check whether the binaries do work.

Unfortunately, these binaries do not work.  Marius knows more about
it than me, he's been building up this box, its a relatively new Dell
with an ATI card.  The autobuild GNU/Linux/i386 machines are all the
exact same hardware, old Compaqs with the ATI card above.  So neither
the compilation machine nor the machine running Gem have nvidia
hardware.  But Gem dies on the new Dell with that NV error that
started this thread.

So I guess as Chris said, there is probably a bug in the NV detection
code.

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/