[PD] Gem: can't load library

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:26:57 CET 2006

On 12/4/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Ok, wait I think I misunderstood.  You are saying that the ancient
> ATI card in the autobuild machines might support the nvidia
> extensions, and they are being properly detected.  I thought you mean
> whether the card was nvidia or not (neither are).

There are extensions to OpenGL which are vendor specific and some vendors
may support ones that are not their own.  In this case glDeleteProgramsNV
has to do with vertex and fragment shaders and Nvidia had their own
extension before it was approved by the review board for full GL status.  I
think that glDeleteProgramsNV could be removed since glDeleteProgramsARB
covers the same functionality.

It seems to load from the command line with -nogui, I am testing now
> whether I can load an object.

The ATI drivers should not define the NV extension in the headers if it is
not supported by the driver.  All GEM does is have an #ifdef for the
presence of that extension and then builds with it enabled or not.

So, does the autobuild GEM run on the autobuild machine?