[PD] Gem: can't load library

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 4 23:58:36 CET 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 5:45 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 12/4/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>

> Yup, Gem loads and so does [gemwin].  An ATI from 1998 supports
> some NVidia extensions that a current ATI does not support, crazy...
>
> I don't think that is the case.  That ATI part does not support the
> OpenGL functionality in question at all whether through the NV or
> ARB extension.  No properly functioning ATI driver would have that
> extension in it.
>
> I am thinking for the Pd-0.39.2-extended release, Gem should be
> compiled with --disable-NV, but it can stay as is on the nightly
> builds if that's useful to y'all.
>
> I wouldn't do anything until it is clear that the autobuild machine
> is building a binary with calls to the Nvidia extension.  I do not
> think it is.

Ah, ok.  I was going on the configure report, which says "using NV-
extensions  : yes"  I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that it
compiles with the extensions.

You can see the build logs here:

http://autobuild.puredata.info

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson