[PD] Gem: can't load library

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:45:04 CET 2006

On 12/4/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:

> Yup, Gem loads and so does [gemwin].  An ATI from 1998 supports some
> NVidia extensions that a current ATI does not support, crazy...

I don't think that is the case.  That ATI part does not support the OpenGL
functionality in question at all whether through the NV or ARB extension.
No properly functioning ATI driver would have that extension in it.

I am thinking for the Pd-0.39.2-extended release, Gem should be compiled
> with --disable-NV, but it can stay as is on the nightly builds if that's
> useful to y'all.

I wouldn't do anything until it is clear that the autobuild machine is
building a binary with calls to the Nvidia extension.  I do not think it is.