[PD] Midi sequencing

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Tue Dec 5 03:10:08 CET 2006

Chris McCormick wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:05:40AM +0000, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>
>> I think it would be interesting to have some sort of OSC sequencer. I
>> would love to compose with the same control over each note (or any other
>> kind of event) you can have with csound scores but that can be edited
>> visually.
>>
>> I love to use pure data to build instruments and effect, but at some
>> point I want to expose all the parameters of my patch to OSC and use
>> such kind of tool (some kind of OSC sequencer) to concentrate on
>> composition/performance, mostly drawing and editing envelopes and maybe
>> also triggering them in a generative fashion.
>>

> Hi Cesare,
>
> It's definately possible to draw and edit envelopes and trigger them in
> a generative fashion using the datastructures feature of Puredata. You
> might like to check out Hans' work "solitude" and also there are various
> GOP abstractions floating around which allow you to make/edit envelopes
> with a mouse and save those envelopes' states between sessions in
> various ways.

Yes. I knew about that and I've already experimented a bit with pd data
structures and their graphical representation. But I was thinking about
a more generic tool. Something to drive multiple sound generating
softwares in the same session.

The approach of using pd for everything is worth when you plan to
release a piece as a patch. But I'd like to have a dedicated application
with a more flexible gui to compose and control performances.

Ciao,

c.

--
http://www.cesaremarilungo.com