[PD] Newbie: output~ couldn't create

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 5 12:54:47 CET 2006

Hallo,
Ismael Valladolid Torres hat gesagt: // Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

> Frank Barknecht escribe:
> > You could simply replace it with [dac~] or copy ouput~.pd from
> > doc/3.audio.examples/ in the Pd documentation patches next to
> > Synth.pd
>
> Copying it from the 3.audio.examples directory worked. I assumed that
> doc was included as a default search path. Are there in Pd default
> search paths I should be aware of?

Only the "extra" and "externs" directories are usually used as default
search paths. I also think it's a bad idea to include the examples dir into
the search path, as most of these files are not intended to be used as
abstractions themselfes.

The author should have included output.pd in his downloadable files,
especially as the article is a beginner's article and a beginner
cannot be expected to guess which kind of object it is meant to be.

Ciao