[PD] Newbie: output~ couldn't create

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Dec 5 13:13:21 CET 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Only the "extra" and "externs" directories are usually used as default
> search paths. I also think it's a bad idea to include the examples dir into
> the search path, as most of these files are not intended to be used as
> abstractions themselfes.

i totally agree.

> The author should have included output.pd in his downloadable files,
> especially as the article is a beginner's article and a beginner
> cannot be expected to guess which kind of object it is meant to be.

especially since another [output~] is also provided by the iemabs (but
with different behaviour).

imho, the author should have used no abstraction at all (there is no
pedagogical value to it, like re-using abstractions); and they shouldn't
have used spaces in the patch-names.

mfadsr
IOhannes