[PD] Gem: can't load library

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 01:48:58 CET 2006

yup, still no luck with Gem here...
when compiling cvs Gem on the machine with the Radeon X300 card, I got
rid of the glDeleteProgramsNV error.
but I can not play any movies. Pd either crashed or showed only one color.
I downgraded ubuntu to libgl1-mesa 6.4 (before it was 6.5).
also no glDeleteProgramsNV problem, but no movies ( I test with the
examples patch from the help.) at least Pd does not crash...
So I am back to the debian package of Gem (v 0.90) which does not make problems.
iohannes, what do you want to know from me to locate that problem?
with ...Gem/04.pix/05.film.pd I get the following console output:
pix_film:: quicktime support
pix_film:: libmpeg3 support
pix_film:: libaviplay support
pix_film:: libmpeg support
GEM: Start rendering
GL: invalid value
[pix_filmNEW]: opening
/usr/local/lib/pd//doc/examples/Gem/04.pix/../data/anim-1.mov with
format 1908
[pix_filmNEW]:  ...
[pix_filmNEW]:  ...
[pix_filmNEW]: loaded file:
/usr/local/lib/pd//doc/examples/Gem/04.pix/../data/anim-1.mov with 90
frames (256x256) at 30.000000 fps
but the texture is not rendered correctly. The whole cube is brownish.
marius.