[PD] pix_record mixed pixes

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 6 15:53:39 CET 2006

vincent Rioux wrote:
> dear list,
>
> I recently tried out pix_record object of Gem, running pd-39.2-extended
> for osx.
> It worked pretty fine but i could not record anything else than a video
> connected to a unique gemhead.
> i tried to mix several pixes (like moving rectangles with alpha layer)
> with the video using pix_mix but when recording the visual output i only
> get the video (without the applied 'transformations').
> is that an expected behaviour?

i am not sure whether i fully understand what you mean.

[pix_record] will _only_ record pixes. (e.g. you have to transform your
"rectangles" into pix-domain; just using [rectangle] won't do)

due to the signal-flow nature of pix-processing you have to add
[pix_record] after all pix-processing objects you want to have an effect
on the recorded video.

e.g.

[pix_video]

[pix_gain]

[pix_record]

[pix_invert]

will record a video with [pix_gain] applied, but [pix_invert] is NOT
applied.

mfga-dr
IOhannes