[PD] Gem: can't load library

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 6 22:10:25 CET 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 4:02 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 12/6/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>

> It seems to be a bug in Gem because mode 1 works fine after
> entering mode 0.  Its just when the patch starts up that it doesn't
> work.  After sending a [mode 0(, then both [mode 1( and [mode 0( work.
>
> Here's the problem:
>
> You build a binary where the GL driver you build against tells you
> that it supports rectangle textures.  Then when you run the binary
> using that same GL driver the texturing is not right.  Where is the
> bug?

[mode 1( works fine after you send a [mode 0(.  So it seems to be
some kind of init thing.  The first time when [pix_texture] loads, it
defaults to mode 1, but doesn't work properly.  Then I send a [mode 0
( message, and it works.

Now, I send a [mode 1( message, and it still works.  From here on
out, both [mode 0( and [mode 1( work.  Or are you saying that you
cannot switch back to [mode 1( once you switch to [mode 0(?  The
message only takes effect the first time you send it?

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/