[PD] USING PICTURES FROM THE INTERNET

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 11:29:34 CET 2006

> point of the pd patch (connection to the site, reaserach on the site,
> download of pictures ....)
>

> Thanks to help me on this point...

Maybe GEM isn't what you need, I'm just guessing, but have you tried
[image].  It can load any normal .gif into a Pd patch. I use it to make
lecture slides. You could make pictures be linkable (or start arbitary
code like launching a browser to a URL) by putting hidden
bang buttons on them.

Btw, is there a technique anyone knows to use an invisible canvas
or something else to pick up mouse clicks within an image?