[PD] USING PICTURES FROM THE INTERNET

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Dec 6 23:52:52 CET 2006

Hi,

aurélien Bourdier wrote:

> I really don't know which objects i can use on the internet point of the
> pd patch (connection to the site, reaserach on the site, download of
> pictures ....)

There is nothing native in PD that will fetch things from the internet,
only things to display the images. However, with the [shell] object you
could launch Bash scripts, Python or whatever else you feel like using
to scan websites and collect images. Then you could use PD to manipulate
what these scripts pull in for you. I'm sure if you Google around, you
can probably find some example scripts which do the kind of
web-spidering you want.

best,
derek

--