[PD] pd console output within pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Dec 8 17:57:56 CET 2006

marius schebella wrote:
> hi,
> I am thinking of a possibility to get the console output back into pd. I
> have a remote patch on a client machine that can open video files and I
> want to send the success or error message to the server through osc.
> Is it possible to get the console output back into pd?
> is it possible to grab the console output in any other way?
> marius.

a quick hack using FUDI:

#!/bin/sh
pd -verbose -stderr 2>&1 | while read line
  do echo "${line};" | pdsend 6666 localhost udp
done

but of course it would be better to get the information you want
directly instead of parsing the console output.
e.g. the 2nd outlet of [pix_film] gives you some information of how well
it succeeded to open a video file.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes