[PD] pix_record mixed pixes

Danks, Mark MDanks at ea.com
Sat Dec 9 03:53:30 CET 2006

  Couple of reasons for that...

  I didn't want to have to hook up a metro to everything which wanted to render...and then manage all of those connections.  You don't have to do that with the ~ objects so why should you have to do that with GEM?  Since I still needed the network connectivity, I used the render 1 message to trigger all of the gemheads to generate the graph behind the scenes.

  With the pixes, it was because I did a lot of buffer storage and manipulation so that I didn't waste memory or unneeded processing time.  This is the reason for all of the dirty flags, etc.  I probably would do it differently today, but back when an SGI Indy was top of the line it was a different story :-)

Mark