[PD] Midi sequencing

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 9 18:05:02 CET 2006

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, carmen wrote:

> yeah i saw that. sorry, unable to help at the moment as ive been using a
> 64bit computer/OS for the past 3 years, and devel pd freezes on launch,
> desire crashes 3 seconds after launch, and msp fails to connect to any
> audio interfaces.

If you have any insight on this, please talk to me about this, because I'm
trying to incorporate more recent versions of Miller's pd into DesireData,
and DesireData is based on devel, so I'd like to know what's wrong. I am
having problems with getting sound to work on my computer too (running in
just 32-bit mode), but some other people report that sound works on
theirs.

> additionally, [widget] needs to be fixed for the latest PD version,

Do you mean that it doesn't work with pd 0.40 and/or 0.40 ? which one?
what's the error message?

> many 0.1 version bumps on the Tk libs broke widgets

Tcl/Tk is possibly one of the language/interpreters/libraries that are
most careful about backwards-compatibility, so I wonder, what did you do
that broke compatibility. Do you mean something in an add-on to Tk, or in
Tk itself?

> divide by zero in [winfo height]

This is because you are trying to get the height of a window before the
window is put on the screen, right? Else, what can it be?

> due to toxy's roughshod 'rewrite tk into pd-escaped code and shuttle it
> over the GUI socket and hope it all gets executed' tactics.

I don't see how that is the cause of what's going on: it looks like a
different problem. Are there still any problems with server->client data
getting truncated when the buffer overflows?

> i'll mention it when i get around to adding options to DD's build files
> to support GCC's -m32 mode, and port the widgets..

Have you tried Miller's 0.41 in 64-bit mode? does it fix your problems?