[PD] overcome nqpoly4 limitations

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sat Dec 9 19:23:29 CET 2006

I understood that the name stands for 'not quite poly', but I wanted to
know if somebody has tried to overcome this nqpoly4 limitation: as far
as I've understood it, the abstraction created via nqpoly receive it's
voice number as the first creation argument, but it's not possible to
send a message from the calling patch to a specific voice.

This is essential if I want to make a true midi controlled polyphonic
synth. In fact I need the abstraction to receive noteoffs and start the
release part of the envelope.

Now, as I'm writing,  I've thought about a solution. To put the
[noteout] object inside the abstraction. In this way you can [select]
the voice and act only if it is the same of the abstraction instance. I
haven't tested it but it should work.

So my question to the list has changed: what about adding an example of
this technique to the npqoly distribution?

Frank?

Ciao,

c.

--