[PD] overcome nqpoly4 limitations

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Dec 10 04:01:44 CET 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I think, a successor of nqpoly4 should not care about voice allocation
> at all by itself.

Actually, in the end what I'm looking for is exactly dynamic voice
allocation, so that I can get PD to act like SuperCollider and only let
abstractions create a CPU load when they are actually being played,
instead of all the time. The granular synthesis work I'm doing is just
too heavy otherwise. I'd hoped nqpoly would do that, but I'm still not
sure. Maybe it's just a way of spawning a bunch of abstractions at once,
regardless how heavy they run...

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl