[PD] pix_record mixed pixes

vincent Rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Sun Dec 10 15:09:51 CET 2006

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> vincent Rioux wrote:
>
>> dear list,
>>
>> I recently tried out pix_record object of Gem, running pd-39.2-extended
>> for osx.
>> It worked pretty fine but i could not record anything else than a video
>> connected to a unique gemhead.
>> i tried to mix several pixes (like moving rectangles with alpha layer)
>> with the video using pix_mix but when recording the visual output i only
>> get the video (without the applied 'transformations').
>> is that an expected behaviour?
>>

> i am not sure whether i fully understand what you mean.

i agree with you, my description is not crystal clear.
imagine that there is a video in the background (fullscreen).
progressively some small recatngular parts of the video are transformed
(for example gets darker) and move - in order to do that i apply another
gem layer on top of the video layer and insert several rectangles
objects with alpha channel.

> [pix_record] will _only_ record pixes. (e.g. you have to transform your
> "rectangles" into pix-domain; just using [rectangle] won't do)

ok, how do one make this kind of transformation?
> due to the signal-flow nature of pix-processing you have to add
> [pix_record] after all pix-processing objects you want to have an effect
> on the recorded video.
>
> e.g.
>
> [pix_video]
> |
> [pix_gain]
> |
> [pix_record]
> |
> [pix_invert]
>
> will record a video with [pix_gain] applied, but [pix_invert] is NOT
> applied.

ok, i think i got this one but what about pix_mix?

cordially,
vincent