[PD] pix_record mixed pixes

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 11 09:10:37 CET 2006

vincent Rioux wrote:

>> i am not sure whether i fully understand what you mean.
>>
> i agree with you, my description is not crystal clear.
> imagine that there is a video in the background (fullscreen).
> progressively some small recatngular parts of the video are transformed
> (for example gets darker) and move - in order to do that i apply another
> gem layer on top of the video layer and insert several rectangles
> objects with alpha channel.

thanks.
what you describe canNOT be recorded directly with [pix_record] (you
already know that).

>> [pix_record] will _only_ record pixes. (e.g. you have to transform your
>> "rectangles" into pix-domain; just using [rectangle] won't do)
>>
> ok, how do one make this kind of transformation?

[pix_snap] transforms the rendering buffer (what has been rendered so
far in the render-cycle!) into a pix-buffer.

>> e.g.
>>
>> [pix_video]
>> |
>> [pix_gain]
>> |
>> [pix_record]
>> |
>> [pix_invert]
>>
>> will record a video with [pix_gain] applied, but [pix_invert] is NOT
>> applied.
>>
> ok, i think i got this one but what about pix_mix?

[pix_mix] is harder to draw in ascii. apart from that you shoud insert
it instead of [pix_gain] to have an effect.

mfg.adsr
IOhannes