[PD] int float with pure data

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 11 23:00:32 CET 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, marius schebella wrote:

> that's the problem with floats... another question I have is, how high
> is it possible to count without problems? marius.

In binary (internally to pd), you can count up to 16777216. If it were
float64, then it'd be up to 9007199254740992. This has to do with how many
bits in float32 and float64 are reserved for the exponent (it doesn't
double from one to the other).

However, when you save to a file, pd joyously rounds anything above
1000000. It's a "feature".