[PD] MIDI on Intel Macs

KEYES CHRISTOPHER JAY CKEYES at hkbu.edu.hk
Tue Dec 12 04:05:49 CET 2006

Dear PD people,

I'm having great difficulty sending MIDI messeges to the built-in synth of Intel Macs OSX 10.4.8. Audio is fine but the MIDI side of Test Audio and MIDI does not work. No problem with MaxMSP and if I have it running
"to/from MaxMSP 1" shows in PD's MIDI preferences; otherwise there are no options for "input device 1" etc. Making the IAC Driver active and adding additional ports to it under the Mac Audio MIDI Set-up  application does then give me choices in PD's MIDI preferences...but none of them work.

Any ideas top fix this or where I can download an exicutible for which this problem is solved?

Thanks,

Christopher
Dr. Christopher Keyes, BA Course Coordinator/
Assoc. Prof. - Department of Music
Hong Kong Baptist University
224 Waterloo Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Office Phone: (852)  3411-7388   Office Fax: (852) 3411-7870
e-mail: ckeyes at hkbu.edu.hk
http://www.hkbu.edu.hk/~ckeyes