[PD] nqpoly4 simple instructions?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 12 12:26:35 CET 2006

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
> >The right inlet serves as the loadbang.  You need to use the right inlet
> >instead of regular [loadbang]s
>
> Could this be changed so that it uses the ordinary [loadbang] ? If you
> have a canvas to send messages to, you can send it a "loadbang" message,
> which will trigger all the [loadbang]s in the canvas. Is there a reason
> why the canvas can't be reached (or can't be reached individually), and
> could this be circumvented easily?

It is just there for backwards compatibility. I only reworked nqpoly4
to make it look nicer and to make further development easier. The
[polypoly] abstraction that I derived from nqpoly4 doesn't need the
loadbang-inlet anymore, it sends a "loadbang"-message after
dynamically filling the subpatch, which, as you wrote, loadbangs all
objects inside that subpatch just fine.

Ciao