[PD] nqpoly4 simple instructions?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 12 23:34:35 CET 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 6:26 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> The right inlet serves as the loadbang.  You need to use the
>>> right inlet
>>> instead of regular [loadbang]s
>>
>> Could this be changed so that it uses the ordinary [loadbang] ? If
>> you
>> have a canvas to send messages to, you can send it a "loadbang"
>> message,
>> which will trigger all the [loadbang]s in the canvas. Is there a
>> reason
>> why the canvas can't be reached (or can't be reached
>> individually), and
>> could this be circumvented easily?
>
> It is just there for backwards compatibility. I only reworked nqpoly4
> to make it look nicer and to make further development easier. The
> [polypoly] abstraction that I derived from nqpoly4 doesn't need the
> loadbang-inlet anymore, it sends a "loadbang"-message after
> dynamically filling the subpatch, which, as you wrote, loadbangs all
> objects inside that subpatch just fine.

Since you've now written another, do you think there is a possibility
of making a nqpoly "kernel" for making poly systems with different
functionality, like the auto-[switch~] version, the instance manager
version, etc.

What I do a lot of is making a patch, then controlling many copies of
it, so I plan on making a version of nqpoly4 that works well in that
situation.