[PD] error compiling any2string

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Dec 13 10:05:10 CET 2006

morning all,

On 2006-12-13 09:34:25, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> appears to
have written:

> Miguel Cardoso wrote:
>>
>> I get this error compiling any2string.c
>>
>> does anyone have these moocow externals compiled for mac intel?
>>
> did you use "./autogen.sh && ./configure && make" or just "make"?
> you are trying to compile an application instead of a dylib.

There's a default './configure' already packed into the distribution on
my website
(http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd/pdstring-0.03.tar.gz),
so you can build & install without the autotools installed locally (i.e.
without running ./autogen.sh) just by running "./configure && make &&
make install".

> thinking of this, i am not sure, whether pdstring's build-system really
> supports os-x (i haven't looked, so forgive my ignorance).

I'm not sure either ;-)  I did copy the "darwin" section from the
configure.in of pd (v0.35-test16), and have had success reports for
other externals, but lacking an os-x machine, i can't test the support
myself.

marmosets,
	Bryan
--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology