[PD] tuning an AM radio ideas

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 13 16:02:25 CET 2006

hi nick again

i didn't want to 'steal' your idea, but i found this subject so
interesting, that i tried to realize that approach in a pd-patch.
the patch needs [abs~] from zexy and [lp8_butt~] from iemlib. the patch
has 3 'stations' (three sources modulated on differently tuned carriers)
and one 'receiver'. because of the very high sampling rate in the
subpatch (1.53MHz, when pd runs with 44100Hz), the patch eats quite a
lot of the cpu.
surprisingly it sounds a bit like am-radio, though the quality of the
received signal is very bad. the choice of the carrier frequencies does
have big effect on the typical am-radio artefacts.
there are sure some things, that could be improved. maybe you have use
for it.

cheers
roman