[PD] YAMIB: yet another mac intel build

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 14 01:28:57 CET 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Steffen wrote:

> On 13/12/2006, at 6.58, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Ok, please test the next nightly build on the Mac/Intel, 2006-12-13.
>
> There is no intel mac build from today(13th of dec). But there are
> two from the 12th:
>
> * Pd-0.39.2-extended-test6-macosx104-i386
> * Pd-0.39.2-extended-2006-12-12-macosx104-i386
>
> The later apears as the last few builds, hence "don't work". It
> returns the "audio I/O stuck... closing audio" error and can't open
> patches.

> The fist, the test6 one, does work! That is: It can open a patch
> form the help browser and make a sine tone i can hear with my ears
> through the speakers from my computer. (Thats all i just tested.)
> That is well nice! I also noticed that you've striped the ppc bin
> out - thanks.

> What is the deal with the regular builds and the test<number>
> builds? Do they differ only on the Tcl/Tk use?

The test6 builds are from the branch-v0-39-2-extended branch, which
is hit code-freeze.  Now we just need to work out the bugs for the
final release.  The dated build is the build from CVS HEAD.  For Pd-
extended, I'll be moving that to build against the 0.40 branch soon,
then they'll start to differ quite a bit.

>> It turns out that the Tcl/Tk that Apple includes on Mac/Intel is
>> buggy...
>
> It might be, i guess, even though the build "i" did which uses the
> included Tcl/Tk did work. It might also be quite nice to use the
> newer Tcl/Tk since words from both you and matju has been that it
> has improved. So thumbs up. The version only matters one the build
> machine, right?

All I can say is that when I build the exact same code on the PowerPC
machine, it worked, but on the Intel machine it did not. As for the
Tcl/Tk version, these builds don't use the Apple-supplied version but
instead use an embedded version.  So they will use the 8.4.15-pre
version on any system no matter what you have installed.

My first tests should that the graphics speed up is large.  Try
select-all, then moving all that around quickly on-screen. That used
to choke badly.

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste