[PD] '*' in filenames on windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 14 05:42:56 CET 2006

You can use the hex loader on Pd-0.39.2-extended or Pd >=0.40:

[v*] would be v0x2a.dll, where 0x2a is the hex ascii code for *.
This should work for compiled objects and Pd patches.

.hc

On Dec 13, 2006, at 10:18 AM, Martin Dupras wrote:

> I can't believe I have not noticed before now, but windows cannot
> have the character '*' in a filename.That does explain among other
> things why I could not unzip some example files (e.g. Patrick
> Sanan's MiniMoog.)
>
> I also noticed that the pix_kaleidoscope example patch uses a v*
> object, which doesn't exist on windows.
>
> Is there are workaround?
>
> - martin

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom