[PD] system call

Rune Lain Knudsen fluxrotator at postmaster.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 12:52:34 CET 2006

How about using the pyext external from Thomas Grill(if you're into python that is)? It's a long time since I've worked with it but the os.system module might be what you need. see:

http://docs.python.org/tut/node12.html

The glob module is good for cross-platform file listings as well, if you do a search for glob on the pd-list I seem to remember a good example of that one.

Hope this helps!

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:59:57 +0100 , code <code at u-turnmedia.com>  wrote:
>no, sorry, thats really not what i am looking for,  i  try to be clear :
>on pd-linux, you have [shell] external, that executes system calls. so
>if you send it a message [ls -l<
>and connect [print] to it, you have output of command `ls -l' (long
>list) with output in pd window,
>now - window$ has something like very crippled terminal - dos prompt -
>you are correct,
>but i've never heard about how to use it from within pd. i doubt
>[dos-prompt] or [cmd] object for window$ exists, but i might be wrong.

Hot new product - Spider Networks introduces stunning online ePortfolio solution for students and teachers

http://www.spider-networks.net/solutions/eportfolio.html