[PD] Abstraction [define]

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 06:29:53 CET 2006

I just thought I'd propose an idea I had driving home : ):

As a supplement to the subpatcher functionality, what about having a
[pddefine] object that took a name as its argument, and a patch built
inside would then be callable within the parent patch patch, acting
functionally equivalent to an abstraction (i.e. arguments, etc).

The advantage of this would to simplify distribution of pd-patches
that would like to use abstractions, but don't want to have to include
15 files for one program.  It would also be great for "1-off"
abstractions that aren't usable elsewhere, but are needed multiple
times in the same patch.

Anyhow, I can't write it, so I guess it's just an idea for able devs
to consider.

Luke