[PD] Re: [PD-ot] how low (latency) can you go?

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 17 01:57:16 CET 2006

Bryan Jurish a écrit :
>  since i'm just plain not good enough to compensate before the
> glitches become painfully audible...
>
> marmosets,
>   Bryan

It becomes really difficult if you add the latency caused by the the
sound in air.
 I've experience this once I was playing guitar at the control table
while the speakers was at twenty five meters,
 and I can tell that it's more easy to play in those conditions when the
guitar is directly plugged into the the amplifier,
 instead of passing through a soundcard, with some amount of latency,
that is affordable with headphones.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com