[PD] gem, text

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Dec 21 18:19:41 CET 2006

On Dec 21, 2006, at 3:59 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>  used optional libraries:
>>
>>   font-rendering         :
>>
>> I think this was a case of code that wasn't in Fink.  How about
>> adding
>> it to GemLibs?
>
> it has been added to GemLib several months ago.
> however, this doesn't mean that somebody had made any effort to
> actually
> use the FTGL-code in there. (read: GemLib/FTGL is _not_ build by any
> Gem-build targets; Gem's configure does not automatically look into
> GemLib to search for libraries).
>
> so much things to be done...

...yep:  what really needs to be done is to set up FTGL in
sourceforge (as it's own project, not just as sub-project of gem),
then add that to the gem build process...I had contacted the author
of FTGL before I came down with leukemia (he has basically been
looking to do this for awhile...), but have since kinda dropped the
ball :-(  However, things are really going good for me health-wise
now, so I'll move this up higher on the "to-do" list!

jamie