[PD] 64 Studio and a 64bit pd

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Thu Dec 21 18:26:24 CET 2006

Hello List,

I recently changed my distribution to 64 Studio. Despite all criticism
against 64bit the performance on this particular laptop increased
dramatically, also with non realtime stuff. Especially video
applications like Cinelerra are now much more responsive. Maybe partly
because its 64bit, partly perhaps its more optimised for AMD than the K7
Kernel, partly its realtime and partly because I got the current Nvidia
driver installed, I dont care. Important is that it now feels like my
hardware synthesizers in terms of snappyness and timing.

Question is where to get a recent 64bit pd, the Debian64 repos only
holds a bare .39 which still got the tabwrite bug and lot of externals
are missing, so far only zexy, gem, pdp and pd-aubio are provided. I
tried to build some stuff but failed so far. Any other 64bitters out
there with some hints, *.debs or repos?

Cheers and thanks for any hints in advance,

Malte
--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

next events:
concert 29.dec 2006 Notstandskomitee vs. TBC Hoerbar Hamburg

more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/