[PD] Pduino 0.2 test & crash

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 21 18:33:02 CET 2006

That means you are using the old version of the [arduino] object.
Right now, as the protocol, firmware, and Pd object are changing a
lot, so you have to use matching firmware and Pd object.

That's why I removed the arduino stuff from the Pd-extended builds,
it changing too fast.  Use test6, it does not have any arduino stuff
in it.

.hc

On Dec 21, 2006, at 8:21 AM, David NG McCallum wrote:

> Hi HC,
>
> I re-burnt the .2 firmware and had the same problem. Burning .1 seems
> to fix it. :-/

> On 20/12/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> For Mac/Intel and Pduino, I think that test6 is going to be far and
>> away your best bet.  There is guaranteed to be no pduino files
>> included in that package.
>>
>> This sounds to me like the problem of mismatched versions.  Try
>> reburning the firmware just in case.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Dec 20, 2006, at 10:15 PM, David NG McCallum wrote:
>>
>> > I had the same problem, and banged my head on my desk for an hour
>> > trying to figure it out until I just tried pduino 0.1 and it
>> worked.
>> > :-/
>> >
>> > I couldn't find any arduino files in the extended version that I'm
>> > using (to delete, as you suggested). Since I've been embroiled
>> in the
>> > pd on mactel fiasco of late, I have more versions of pd-extended
>> on my
>> > computer than I can count, so I couldn't tell you which one I
>> looked
>> > in (a recent one, at least).
>> >
>> > But I did just try creating an  [arduino] object in several of the
>> > extended versions I have and it doesn't instantiate, which makes me
>> > believe that there are no arduino files within the extended
>> packages
>> > that I have. or something…
>> >
>> > When I look at the comport output with pduino 0.2, the arduino's
>> > spitting out numbers that are all > 256, which it doesn't do with
>> > pduino 0.1. Is the problem w/ the firmware?
>> >
>> > D!

>> my 25

>> run 0.2

>> stick.    -

>> > --
>> > http://sintheta.org

>> ---
>>
>> Man has survived hitherto because he was too ignorant to know how to
>> realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
>> change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams
>>

> --
> http://sintheta.org

All information should be free.  - the hacker ethic