[PD] cellular automata

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Sat Dec 23 12:05:45 CET 2006

Hi Chris,

the idea (and the music - the ogg) are really inspiring.
However I cannot run the patch you posted, it gives me
some errors (maybe stupid questions, sorry):

1) "sines" in the main patch abstraction is missing
2) "len" abstraction within resynth (and others) is missing
3) 2) error: tabread4~: bassshape: no such array
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
error: tabread4~: bshape: no such array
error: tabread4~: snshape: no such array

any hints?
I used your last cvs tarball for the s-abstractions.

All the best,

Alberto

>In that track the CA is controlling:
>1. The spectrum of the high hat sound.
>2. The sum of the sines of the chord sound and their >rhythm.
>3. The 'solo' instrument that comes in (sinesum and >rhythm).
>4. The bassdrum rhythm.

>It was a fun collaboration and the best sounding one out of
>three (the
>other two sounded pretty awful). I've attached the patch,
>which requires
>most of the abstractions in my collection to run.

Alberto Zin

http://puredata.org/Members/AlbertoZ