[PD] PD Newbie 101

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 24 10:39:29 CET 2006

Hallo,
Tim Mortimer hat gesagt: // Tim Mortimer wrote:

> For the record, the function object is simply a mouse/ GUI breakpoint
> function editor. I'm hoping one day that such a beast will exist not
> only with "lines & breakpoint dots", but also perhaps a bit more like
> the pen tool in illustrator or photoshop, allowing for curvature to be
> defined between breakpoints....

There is [envgen] which is an external, and there are Pd's graphical
data structures, which can be used to make all kinds of graphical
editors for all kinds of data, including breakpoint curves,
xy-controllers, bigger graphical scores etc. They don't have an
equivalent in Max and they have a bit of a learning curve, but they
are quite fun.

Ciao