[PD] Gem Crashes

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Dec 24 14:43:16 CET 2006

David Powers a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> The following consistently crashes on winXP, with the latest extended
> build binary on Hans' page (test6), and with a newer version of PD
> (0.40.0):
> Open any [pix_whatever] reference file that uses an image
> load an image with [pix_image], either by typing a direct reference,
> or by using [openpanel]
> Create the gem window
>
> As soon as the Gem window is created, pd crashes entirely.
>
> Now, I used a version of Gem that is known to work with whatever
> version of PD is installed on my other computer. But I'm REALLY
> confused, that it would crash two rather different versions of PD, yet
> work okay on my other PC... Does this make any sense to anyboday?
>
> ~David

Hello,
 it makes sense to me,.
I have the feeling that it must be compiled with different features an
parameters for each different computer's configuration,
Is that true?
One another question:
is there an howto for building Gem on windows,
 dependences included (mesa and all)?
All the best...
Patrice.

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com