[PD] pix_resize + pix_dump on Linux

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Mon Dec 25 00:01:26 CET 2006

Merry X11 everyone,

I was just wondering how one could get pixels values of a pix with Gem
without overloading the CPU in Pd...

pix_dump is very slow, because it creates such big lists. Then, I
tried using pix_dimen, but it seems like pix_dimen doesn't accept the
message "dimen 32 24", for instance. (no method for dimen) I don't see
any method for "dimen" in src/pix_dimen.cpp's source code. Unless I
don't see it because I never wrote a Gem external.

I am using Gem 0.90 with Pd-0.39.2-extended-test4-linux-i686. It is
actually Ubuntu edgy's Gem with Kernel 2.6.17-10-386. Maybe I should
recompile from source ? If so, which version should I use with my
setup ? I compiled it several times, but there were missing feature
(like V4L), then I decided to use the Ubuntu package and it works fine
until I try to resize a pix.

:)

--
Alexandre Quessy