[PD] Question newbie mulit-dim array

Jiri Heitlager jiri at z25.org
Mon Dec 25 13:57:51 CET 2006

hello list,

I am just starting to use Pd and have a lot to learn. I am currently
trying to build a simple sequencer for controlling 8 speaker channels. I
use qlist for this where each line is formatted like this.

as example a line is:

1000 que [sp1 on] [sp2 off] [sp3 on]

I process this line and that all works fine.

Next thing I need to do is build some kind of system/interface that
makes it possible for the user to actually record when a speaker is set
on/off in time. To do this i want to create a timer that starts running
when a speaker is turned on Pd needs to set a new line in the textfile
that I use for the qlist. Problem is that each new line is added at the
end of the file and evertime the user restarts the timer, all other data
is lost.
So it seems that when recording, everything should be entered in an
[list] this list needs to be sorted on the time entry.
Is this achivable in PD and do the real diehards out there think this is
the way to go for me?
Does [list] have methods for sorting?

I hope all is clear.

Thanx and merry x-mas to all.